Rani is overseeing the roadway design, storm sewer design, SWPPP, erosion control and surveying. Originally, Rani received partial and out of date survey data. The team in turn, provided the engineering design team a complete and up to date surface model & planimetric representation of existing conditions of the seven blocks. The survey staff worked with the engineering design team to identify specific details needed to aid in the design to preserve the downtown aesthetic and provide a functioning design. The survey required compliance with the City of Minneapolis’ CADD and drafting standards. Rani survey field crews were able to collect the information using the City’s point code lists and the office staff had city employees process the raw data to ensure importation to the correct levels in the MicroStation deliverable.
Professional services include:
- Update and supplement existing topographic survey of the seven-block project area adding 3,000+ surface points and drainage structure information for 35 structures.
- On-call survey of utility potholes as private utilities identify priority locations.
- Modelling of existing stormwater system and design of proposed stormwater system for a road design that involves curb relocation to increase pedestrian and bicycle space while decreasing vehicular space. Design includes spread analysis in MicroStation Geopak complying with City and MnDOT State Aid requirements.
- Intersection design to comply with ADA standards and best practices while incorporating the two-way bicycle trail and associated ramps.
- Coordination of intersection ADA design with road design, stormwater, traffic signal and utility design.