Position Title: Survey Crew Chief
Reports To: Survey Group Leader
Rani Engineering’s Survey Crew Chief will work closely with the Survey Group Leader and crew members, as well as engineers and clients. The Crew Chief’s primary focus is to deliver high quality survey products and customer service. Attention to detail and accuracy, as well as regular communication and responsiveness are critical to being effective in this position. Our Survey Team members play an integral role influencing and advancing our reputation for high quality professional services. At Rani Engineering we recognize the critical role our Survey Team provides in delivery, client satisfaction and growing our business. They work collaboratively across all of our departments and report directly to our CEO.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Independent surveys to produce boundaries, ALTA/NSPS, topographic maps, PLSS and construction staking
- Read and interpret plan sets, parcels and easement descriptions
- Operate standard survey equipment
- Organize filed notes and project documents
- Field based project management between office and client
- Direct crew members in surveying activities.
- Internal team meetings to discuss procedures and projects.
- External training opportunities
- Share knowledge between team members and train junior staff.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Travel is to be expected as projects demand. Can be up to 90% of the time. Overnight travel 20-50% of the time.
- 5+ years of experience
- Associates degree or two-year certificate
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to pass Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to obtain Certified Survey Technician
- Familiar with field procedures and equipment
- Professional communication, written and verbal
- Willingness to take on other administrative responsibilities not directly related to survey
- Certified Survey Technician III
- Exposure to MnDOT survey standards and processes
- Experience with CADD software, AutoCAD or MicroStation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires frequent physical activities demanding considerable use of arms and legs, including moving whole body (Activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, the use of tools)
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Frequent need to stand for long periods
- Significant dexterity required especially with fingers as this position is required to handle tools and materials, to feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to walk and talk as well as to hear other parties this position is engaging with.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
Qualified candidates interested in joining the Rani Team should send their resume noting the position of interest in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RANI ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Rani is a background screening, drug-free workplace