Position Title: Intern – Engineer
Reports To: Project Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Schedule: Non-Exempt, Full-time
This individual will work as a valuable member of our civil engineering team, developing plans, specifications, and estimates for a variety of projects. The role may involve projects of varying types, including transportation, site development, and water resources. The right person will be able to perform technical design, calculations and utilize CAD to develop complete plan sets while collaborating with, and learning from, our PEs, EITs, and CAD technicians.
If you are eager to work for a company that supports career growth and that respects employee values, please apply for this opportunity today!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Use engineering software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation to produce engineering plans.
- Conduct research, collect data, perform calculations, and do physical condition assessment as needed for project alterations.
- Work with engineering team to design infrastructure.
- Perform quantity take-offs and create cost estimates.
- Keep accurate notes, records and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to learn engineering software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Microstation.
RANI ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org